Shop Director - Slaughter Lane
At Birds Barbershop, we believe that getting a haircut shouldn't be a chore. When everyone's invited, the party's more fun. We're a walk-in, full-service salon that marries affordability with salon quality. Birds has been keeping Austin looking and feeling great for 12 years, having won Best of the Austin Chronicle every year since opening in 2006. We're excited to expand our Birds Team.
Birds Barbershop on Slaughter Lane is looking for a SHOP DIRECTOR to be the captain of the ship. We need a special kind of creative leader/multi-tasker/get-it-done'r with the proven ability to take initiative, be self-motivated, and inspire others to embody Birds' culture of fun, inclusiveness, and zero-drama.
The Shop Director's role revolves around taking pride and care in their employees, clients, and the shop, holding to stellar standards.
We embrace the Birds Barbercode--it influences everything we do, from culture to customer service:
• Unity: Front desk, stylist, back office--we're all equals.
• Quality: Our cuts and service are the best because we hire the best.
• Inclusive: Everyone is welcome at Birds. Everyone.
• Refuge: No drama makes everyone's day better.
• Collaboration: We do more with less by working together.
• Convenience: We make it easy to get a great service at an affordable price.
(Free beer, video games, and good music are a bonus.)
As Shop Director, you will be a true representative of Birds Barbershop, and our ambassador of our culture.
• Encourage a creative, positive, inclusive environment with constant proactive communication with coworkers, clients, and the community.
• A+++ skills in leadership, adaptability, critical thinking, perseverance, motivation, prioritization, and organization.
• Focus on ensuring clients are getting THE best possible cut and customer service experience, ever.
• Train, mentor, give continuous feedback and support an exceptional team of stylists, colorists, and shop managers (receptionists.)
• Create employee schedules with an interest in mutual growth and community.
• Provide training for your shop's team (along with the Senior Stylist), and be a primary contact for them.
• Uphold Birds' policies, practices, and high standards, including conducting staff reviews, write-ups, and terminations when necessary.
• Learn and excel in understanding our platforms of communication and functionality (SuperSalon POS, HotSchedules for scheduling, Zenefits for HR.)
• Coordinate, schedule, and supervise maintenance and repair needs in the shop.
• Manage and replenish inventory of all shop supplies, retail, and Independence beer.
• Work closely with the Birds HQ team's support and guidance to set and exceed goals.
• Attend monthly meetings with HQ and all additional staff meetings.
• Be a dedicated, passionate, hard-working, awesome, genuine, motivated and motivating badass, ready to share ideas, take initiative, and take on any challenge while always keeping calm and setting the bar high.
• Competitive compensation
• Company-sponsored medical insurance, including dental and vision
• A culture that puts employees first
• Encouragement of individuality -- be yourself with no dress code
• Advancement opportunities
• Generous discounts
• Top Workplace 2015, 2016 & 2017 -- Austin American Statesman
• Voted "Best Haircut" in the Austin Chronicle ever since opening in 2006
• Named by Elle magazine as one of the nation's top 100 salons for seven years in a row
• Inc. 5000 fastest growing small businesses 6 years so far
• Written up in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Newsweek, Maxim, and Inc.
• Check out what we're about: www.birdsbarbershop.com/about
SOUND GOOD? APPLY HERE.
Fill out an application—don’t forget to attach your resume and a cover letter. We’ll call you for an interview once we check out the awesomeness you submitted.
And we can't wait to work with you.