Birds Barbershop is seeking a Design and Marketing Manager.
In this role you will tackle all physical, digital, and spatial design projects, advertising, partnership relations and oversee promotions from creation to completion. Our team is small and scrappy, and we need a talented designer who is upbeat, self-driven and can make smart decisions on the fly.
What You’ll Do:
- Handle all print and digital advertising from booking to deliverables including school sponsorship ads, field banners and neighborhood newsletters.
- Design and order all brand collateral, including service menus, business cards, posters, price boards and retail displays.
- Plan and manage Birds’ social media content, campaigns and schedule.
- Maintain all other online presence, including Birds website, google pages and app.
- Manage marketing partnerships and new opportunities, such as beer sponsorships, special press and location rentals.
- Manage inbound and outbound community relationships and donations.
- Manage inventory and fulfillment of Birds’ e-commerce store.
- Work with Operations, HR, and Finance teams to execute marketing activations and communicate both internally and externally.
- Regular shop visits to support with marketing material and ensure follow through of marketing plans.
- Act as point of contact for shops as relates to in-shop promotion implementation
- Plan and execute all aspects of offsite activations and event marketing (post COVID)
- Analyze and measure campaign effectiveness to plan for future.
- Responsible for marketing finances and tracking expenses.
- Quoting and ordering merchandise and swag, including t-shirts, stickers, and mugs.
- Brainstorm with the marketing team, then swiftly execute new ideas.
- Create special presentations and signage as needed from other departments.
- Perform any other duties as they arise.
Who You Are:
- Must be based in Austin, Texas
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and following design specifications.
- Knowledge in Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook Advertising, basic HTML.
- Professional verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-starter and able to problem solve with good judgement.
- Strong creative outlook.
- Strong project management skills.
- Work well in both a collaborative and individual environment.
Who We Are:
Birds Barbershop is an Austin-based chain of salons in Austin that offers easy, quality cuts and color for everyone. Getting a haircut shouldn’t be a chore, so Birds makes it easy to look and feel good. Now in its fifteenth year, Birds has won numerous accolades, including Best Barbershop in Austin every year since inception in 2006. It has been featured in publications such as GQ, Elle, Forbes, Architectural Digest and Entrepreneur Magazine.