At Birds Barbershop, we believe that getting a haircut shouldn't be a chore. When everyone's invited, the party's more fun. We're a walk-in, full-service salon that marries affordability with salon quality. Birds has been keeping Austin looking and feeling great for 15 years, having won Best of the Austin Chronicle every year since opening in 2006. We're excited to expand our Birds Team.
Birds Barbershop is looking for a SHOP DIRECTOR to be the captain of the ship. We need a special kind of creative leader/multi-tasker/get-it-done'r with the proven ability to take initiative, be self-motivated, and inspire others to embody Birds' culture of fun, inclusiveness, and zero-drama.
The Shop Director's role revolves around taking pride and care in their employees, clients, and the shop, holding all to stellar standards. They are a true representative of Birds Barbershop, and an ambassador of our culture.
• A+++ skills in leadership, adaptability, critical thinking, perseverance, motivation, prioritization, and organization.
• Focus on ensuring clients are getting THE best possible cut and customer service experience, ever.
• Uphold Birds' policies, practices, and high standards, including conducting staff reviews, write-ups, and terminations when necessary.
• Train, mentor, give continuous feedback and support an exceptional team of stylists, colorists, and front desk managers.
• Create employee schedules with an interest in mutual growth.
• Act as the primary point of contact for your shop at all times.
• Encourage a creative, positive, inclusive environment with constant proactive communication with coworkers, clients, and the community.
• Learn and excel in understanding our platforms of communication and functionality (Zenoti, HotSchedules, Workplace, Google Drive, Excel)
• Coordinate, schedule, and supervise maintenance and repair needs in the shop.
• Manage and replenish inventory of all shop supplies, retail, and beverages.
• Work closely with the Birds HQ team's support and guidance to set and exceed goals.
• Attend monthly meetings with HQ and all additional staff meetings.
• Be a dedicated, passionate, hard-working, awesome, genuine, motivated and motivating badass, ready to share ideas, take initiative, and take on any challenge while always keeping calm and setting the bar high.
• Competitive compensation
• Company-sponsored medical insurance, including dental and vision
• A culture that puts employees first
• Encouragement of individuality -- be yourself with no dress code
• Advancement opportunities
• Generous discounts
• Top Workplace 2015, 2016 & 2017 -- Austin American Statesman
Minimum of 2+ years of management experience in a customer service-centered environment
4+ years in customer service, salon experience preferred
Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
People, business, and tech-savvy. Loves to problem-solve.
Open availability to meet the needs of the shop and team, including evenings and weekends
Must be able to perform physical activities including standing for duration of scheduled shifts and lifting up to 25 lbs
The most important thing to us it that you love coming into work every day. We put our people first.
And we can't wait to work with you.